A gun safe is a great place to hide your guns from burglars…
But lets face it, burglars aren’t our only concern when it comes to hiding firearms. Not to mention, you can hardly call a gun safe a place with “ready access.”
Chances are, when you really need a gun, you won’t have a chance to go to the safe and punch in your combo. When trouble comes knocking, you may only have a few seconds to get ready.
That’s why I recommend finding other safe and sneaky places to hid your guns, places where no one would think to look for them — but that you could access quickly in a pinch. Here are my top 10:
1. Fake electric outlet. No burglar or government confiscator would think to look in a fake outlet. Be creative. With a little innovation, you can make this setup very easy to access.
2. Hanging over the doorframe in a hall closet. Most closets are “shallow” so even if a burglar does rummage through, he probably won’t look straight-up over his head.
3. Hollowed out book. Purchase a thick hardback at your local Salvation army and go to town with an exacto blade. Oldest trick in the book 😉
4. Air conditioning/return air vents create a nice deep space to store a handgun. These can be functioning or false. They can also be high enough where children can’t reach them.
5. False flooring. If you have wood floors, make an inconspicuous cut in an inconspicuous place, perhaps near a wall or behind a piece of furniture.
6. Custom or modified cabinets/bookshelves. Check out this awesome bookshelf for ideas.
7. Behind a thick picture frame. I’ve seen great hiding places made by fastening holsters to the back of the actual picture and using an extra thick frame.
8. Inside large pottery. If you have large enough decorative pottery pieces, or a small enough weapon, you can simply drop your gun inside.
9. A drawer with a false bottom is the second oldest trick in the book (next to the hollowed-out book) and will fool crooks all day long. They’re easy to build and install too.
10. Under your couch/recliner. Remove the fabric on the underside of your couch and there is ample room to store a larger weapon like a shotgun or rifle.
Got some gun hiding ideas to add? Share them in the comments section!