Myth #2: What About a Snake Bite Kit?
Built upon the same logic as the “Cut and Suck” method, but with the danger of ingesting snake venom removed, several manufacturers have come up with snakebite kits designed to use a pump to suck the venom out of the wound.
The problem with this idea is, well, research has shown that this is also major BS.
Yes, the popular snakebite kit known as “The Extractor” does extract bloody fluid from the wound area. However, several studies have shown that the amount of venom removed by the Extractor is between 0.4-2% of the total venom load injected.
READ: That’s basically completely ineffective, given that 98-99.6% of the venom is busy coursing through the victim’s veins as users waste their precious seconds…
Although research is limited, findings suggest that roughly the same amount of venom (.4-2%) oozes back out of the bite naturally, without a suction device being applied.
In addition, research has shown that applying suction (instruction call for the Extractor to be left in place for 30-60 minutes) can result in further injury to the bite area. In short, patients that used suction developed legions on the suction area that eventually necrotized and sloughed off.
The assumption is that the suction concentrated the venom into one area and the venom destroyed the tissues. In short, research supports AVOIDING snake bite kit altogether.
Now for some Do’s…