How We Made Our Selections
As we compiled this list, it quickly became obvious that the criteria for “Ultimate BOV” is subjective to the point of being worthless. Several prominent lists included “bug-out” conversion trucks by Earth Roamer that have a starting price of $282,000!
We can speak for everyone, but that’s a bit rich for our blood. That’s exactly why we decided to come up with a list of our own, using criteria that’s not completely asinine.
So, our criteria is made up of the following:
- First and foremost, it must be a practical daily Driver. As stated earlier, you’re probably going to be staring down the apocalypse through the windshield of your daily driver.
- Must be equipped with 4WD.
- Readily available in most used car markets.
- Reasonably priced (NOT a 2016 Land Cruiser or Range Rover).
- High marks for durability and reliability
- Fully “bug-out ready” from the factory, not modifications required (doesn’t mean you won’t make this vehicle your own).
- Excellent on and off road capabilities.
Without further ado, let’s get to the fun part…