Filtered, NOT Purified
Before your water is ready to drink, it’s very important that you treat it with iodine tablets, or by boiling it over a fire. There are several other methods you can use if you must, such as treating your water with chlorine bleach or pool shock.
In fact, it’s not a bad idea to keep a small container of pool shock on hand in case of a water emergency. Obviously, you don’t want to drink these chemical on a regular basis, but the right mix will keep dangerous bacteria out of your water.
This step ensures that any of the living organisms living in your water are thoroughly dead and inert. Once you’ve boiled your water, enjoy a cool drink.
What do you think? Would You trust this “hillbilly” filter in a pinch?
Do you have a water filter in your bug-out bag?